At Compass Early Learning and Care we offer a play-based, child-centered approach to learning that fosters the development of the whole child. Inspired by the educators in Reggio Emilia, our curriculum is constructed by carefully observing, listening to and documenting children’s experiences through their play.
Classroom environments are designed to inspire children’s desires to explore their natural curiosities of the world around them, engage with others and build meaningful relationships. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of each child and the partnerships we share with families, and work together to provide a place where children, families and educators can enjoy learning together.
- Children are competent, full of wonder and ideas, with rights instead of needs.
- Curriculum encompasses everything that happens during our time together.
- Each moment we share offers us time to build relationships and create an atmosphere that nurtures children, teachers, and families.
- Children deserve a space to pursue their passions and interests and our role is to provide an environment that invites them to explore, collaborate, reflect and communicate using a wide range of media.
- A comprehensive curriculum that challenges and fosters children’s abilities will promote trusting and respectful relationships.