Home Child Care Program
Location: City of Kawartha Lakes
Ages: 0 to 12 years
Compass Early Learning and Care offers home child care in locations throughout the City of Kawartha Lakes. Compass ELC has been in operation for over 30 years and is licensed by the Ministry of Education.
Home child care programs provide a home away from home for young children, and each one accommodates up to six (6) children from infants to 12 years of age.
Our Child Care Providers are self-employed and share in the values and beliefs of our organization and understand the importance of building strong relationships with both children and families. The lower ratios and flexibility each home can offer helps to build those strong connections right from the start.
We support our Child Care Providers and their programs by offering:
- Ongoing professional development
- Access to materials and equipment
- Administrative support
We support children and their families by:
- Carefully screening and supporting Child Care Providers
- Offering ongoing support during the selection process and while your child is in care
- Ensuring a criminal reference check is completed for all adults in the home
- Requiring and supporting all providers to hold a current first-aid and child CPR certificate
- Conducting monthly visits and regular home safety inspections
- Providing equipment, resources and toys to ensure children’s safety and encourage early learning
All of these things combined make Home Child Care the right choice for many families.
Apply for several licensed child care options in just one application!
If you’d like to apply for more than one child care program, simply fill out an application on the new Kawartha Lakes Child Care Waitlist website. This registry provides a list of licensed child care providers in the City of Kawartha Lakes and the County of Haliburton and includes several child care options including:
- Home Based Care
- Centre Based Care
- Approved recreation programs (before school, after school and summer camps)
|Fees (As of January 1, 2018)||Part Day (Max 6 hours)||Full Day (Max 9 hours)||Extended Day (Max 12 hours)|
|Regular||Weekend||Regular||Weekend/ Overnight Weekday||Regular||Weekend|
|Infant 0 – 18 months||$44.00||$59.00||$47.00||$62.00||$52.00||$67.00|
|Toddler 18m – 2.5 yrs||$40.25||$55.25||$43.25||$58.25||$48.25||$63.25|
|Preschool 2.5 – 6 yrs||$33.75||$48.75||$36.75||$51.75||$41.75||$56.75|
|School Age 6 – 12 yrs||$33.50||$48.50||$36.50||$51.50||$41.50||$56.50|
|Before and After School||$22.25||–||–||–||–||–|
|*Before Or After School||$12.25||–||–||–||–||–|
*Before or After School is to a maximum of 3 hours.
- Care provided on statutory holidays is double the regular rate.
- Regular rate applies to hours between 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday. A premium of $10 per day will be added to care provided before 7 a.m. or after 6 p.m., and on weekends.
- Shifts over 12 hours and overnight shifts must be negotiated ahead of time with HCC Advisors and/or Child Care Subsidy.
You may qualify for a child care subsidy. Visit the City of Kawartha Lakes Children’s Services web site for more information.
Contact: Tammy Smeall at 705-768-3977 or Lindsay Ross at 705-957-1293